Areas to Explore
Tips for Healthy Families
- Explore nutrition recommendations and personalize your plate at www.ChooseMyPlate.gov.
- Practice identifying foods from different groups by playing "Finders Keepers".
- Eat meals together as a family and have each person share an experience from their day.
- Talk about how food gets from the farmer to your plate. Start by playing "Load the Lunchbox" or "Farmers Market Challenge".
- Cook together! Check out the fun recipes below to get started.
- Build a family cookbook together. Ask each member of the family to identify favorite healthy meals and snacks. Print and place in a binder where all members of the family can engage in meal planning. Younger family members can color pictures of meals to add to the cookbook.
- Start a family game night tradition. Pick a My American Farm game and play as a family on your computer or tablet.